Criteria for Eligibility:
To be eligible, your organization must:
- Be a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, school, or government agency operating in Massachusetts
- Be operational for at least one year with at least one full-time staff member and the capacity to host a fellow
- A clear vision of the project you plan to implement and how the fellow can be most effectively utilized.
- An engaging job description—the position must be 30 hours per week, fill an organizational need, and support work for social justice. Work should be challenging and reasonable given the fellow’s skill set.
- Supportive leadership from staff and host site to ensure that the fellow is considered and treated as an integral part of the organization.
- One designated site supervisor who will provide, weekly supervision, adequate training, and support to the fellow
- A cash match to contribute to the partnership between host sites and Life Together fellows, which helps cover the cost of a Fellow’s stipend, housing, and health insurance. No additional compensation is required. This fee is between $6,000-$15,000 and depends on the annual budget of the organization. We believe this rate is very competitive and we are committed to helping sites figure out how to pay this fee.
Life Together is committed to the success of each Fellow and their host site. As our contribution to the partnership with the host site we provide:
- A full-time Fellow (~32 hrs/week) for ten months (hired in partnership between the program and host site)
- Leadership training, regular retreats and weekly meetings for the Fellow, including over 170 hours of leadership development
- Orientation for the host site and Fellow supervisor
- Occasional site visits to address host site needs and evaluate Fellow’s progress and project goals
- Access to the partner organizations of Life Together for resources, training, etc.
- Administration of Fellow benefits: $450/month stipend, housing, health insurance, training opportunities, and $70 monthly travel allowance
- Evaluation of the success of the site and the project
- Fund development for the initiative
For more information about Life Together or with questions regarding the host site application, please contact Jason Long, Managing Director at email@example.com or 617.519.1538.