Development & Operations Manager
JOB TYPE: Part Time
START DATE: 06/19/2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 04/30/2017
HOW TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to Kelsey Rice Bogdan at email@example.com.
BENEFITS: This position is eligible for a pro-rated benefits package, including health, retirement, vacation and sick leave.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: 4-year degree
The Development and Operations Manager will support Life Together’s fund development strategy, including our annual fundraiser and grantwriting, and will bring a level of consistency and rigor to our administrative and operations systems. The position is a 25-hour per week role and is eligible for pro-rated diocesan benefits.
- Experience working in development, including grantwriting and event management
- Exceptional orientation to detail, with ability to manage databases, finances and keep track of specifics
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to track and move forward details on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills; ability to support and collaborate successfully with multiple constituents inside and outside of the organization
- A passionate commitment to Christian spirituality and social justice; priority will be given to candidates who have a background in development, non-profit administration/operations support or spirituality; an understanding of the Episcopal Church is a plus
- Strong pastoral and relational and community building skills with diverse constituencies (church-based, social justice non-profits, young adults)
- Comfortable working in a highly entrepreneurial environment and the willingness to contribute as needed to an emerging organization; excitement to bring one’s best strategic thinking to organizational opportunities and challenges
- Experience working in teams and collaborative leadership models, where broad participation in decision-making processes is valued
- Self-initiated problem solver
- Confidence with technology, including willingness to learn new systems and become proficient enough to support others
- A sense of humor and ability to give and take feedback
- An understanding of Salesforce, IBANK, or Quicken would be ideal.
An undergraduate degree and 2+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a not-for-profit or religious institution.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in Word and Excel.
DEVELOPMENT - In consultation with the Executive Director, manage institutional funding for Life Together.
- Work with Executive Director to develop robust strategic fundraising plan for Life Together, playing an integral role in the development of our funding base in order to improve the financial accessibility of a Life Together year for fellows from diverse racial and economic backgrounds.
- Manage strategic event fundraising for Life Together, including implementation of our annual fundraiser, Love Matters, or other fundraising events.
- Manage future fellow fundraising (FFF) campaign, including weekly updates to fellows through Salesforce.
- Research and write competitive grant proposals, letters of inquiry, and grant reports to prospective and renewing foundations, corporations, and government funding sources.
- Maintain electronic and paper files related to grants according to established guidelines.
- Collect anecdotal data and stories from program participants, community partners, and other stakeholders, for use in our development and communication materials.
- Support Executive Director in building a robust individual donor network and planning/executing an individual donor appeal or campaign.
- Lead fellows in a training on fundraising in November.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT – Ensure sound financial stewardship of Life Together’s resources.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, create and manage the annual organizational budget to support the leadership growth and formation of fellows.
- Manage the cash flow of the organization, tracking income and expenses in conjunction with the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts treasurer’s office. Ensure that funds are used for the purposes designated.
- Maintain Life Together’s Quicken accounting system.
- Manage incoming revenue and deposit process.
- Develop and implement expense reporting and documentation systems.
- Submit vendor payment requests.
- Manage payroll, health insurance, and reimbursements for Life Together fellows.
- Draft and manage all contracts for LT staff, fellows, site placements, and other partners.
- Assist the Executive Director as needed.
OPERATIONS AND PROGRAM LOGISTICS – Oversee program administration.
- Manage the enrollment and hiring process of new fellows and the move-out/exit process of ending fellows (in conjunction with Associate Director of Recruitment and Training).
- Assist with management of 2nd year staff team in the summer.
- Serve as point person for the program among Diocesan administrative staff as questions and challenges arise during the year.
- Maintain Life Together’s Salesforce database, in conjunction with Associate Director of Recruitment and Training.
- Assist with the scheduling of maintenance and repair of properties as needed.
- Manage the archive system on the Life Together hard drive and Dropbox.
- Assist the Executive Director as needed
STAFF MEETINGS AND CHECK-INS – Participate in weekly contemplative prayer time with staff, meetings with Executive Director, and periodic all-staff meetings.
Life Together provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.